The Norwegian saying goes something like: “There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices”. We know you can’t enjoy being outside unless you’re dressed for the weather.
We also know how fun it can be to put on a great pair of warm, fashionable boots and strut your stuff. Check out our winter fashion make-over videos, and see how Norm and Chantelle learned to get excited about being fashionable in their winter garb.
If you are heading out to a winter patio or one of our amazing festivals, here are some fashion tips to think about:
- Great winter style can really boil down to a great pair of warm boots. Use them as a jumping off point to put together a great new inventive outfit.
- Dress in layers. There is a reason layering is always on-trend in the winter: It’s a massively practical way to dress when it’s really cold. Maybe start with long underwear…check out the Long John Index for fun… and end with an over-sized scarf draped around you.
- Have fun with hats! No one likes frozen ears. There are so many different colours and styles to choose from. Find your look.
- Feel the fuzz! Winter is the only time during the year that you can wear fur (or faux fur, of course). You can wear fur with just about anything to give your outfit an instant upgrade.
- Choose wool, not cotton. Wool is way warmer, breathable, and comes in super lightweight forms. The merino sheep can survive extreme temps because of the incredible natural engineering of their fleece. It can be a perfect union of nature and fashion.
Oh, and Silver Skate Festival has some great info on how to layer up and give frostbite the finger.