The information listed here is for SNOW FUNd Grants for December 2020.
Stay tuned for 2021 information.
The SNOW FUNd was designed to support social, community-building, Snowy Networking and Outdoor Winter (SNOW) Fun events that support one of the goals of the WinterCity Strategy:
- Make it easier to ‘go play outside’: Provide more opportunities for outdoor activity
- Increase the capacity and sustainability of Edmonton’s winter festivals
- Develop a four-season patio culture
- Celebrate the season and embrace daily living in a cold climate
- Promote Edmonton’s great northern story locally, nationally and internationally
Given that COVID-19 is changing the way we can play outside this winter, we are focusing on supporting outdoor winter life in our communities.
In this round of the SNOW FUNd, the grant can be used to purchase items that will help your community embrace winter in a safe, socially-distanced way.
A limited number of mini grants up to $500 are available. Apply now!
For larger projects, please contact your Neighbourhood Recreation Coordinator.
Examples of Eligible Groups
- Community leagues
- Non-profit organizations
- Organizations which require memberships may be considered (e.g. post-secondary clubs and community social groups)
Examples of Eligible Purchases
- Fire pits
- Fire wood
- Benches and picnic tables
- Skate sharpeners
- New signage for how to play safely in a socially-distanced way
- For-profit events
- Alcohol, gift cards, staffing costs
- Initiatives which are deemed to be exclusive (organizations which require memberships may be considered; see above)
- Initiatives which receive other City of Edmonton funds (edmonton.ca/grants); however, the SNOW FUNd can be used to augment a previously-supported initiative
- Initiatives which do not follow public health safety requirements or risk mitigation strategies regarding COVID-19
How It Works
- Download the SNOW FUNd application form
- Submit your completed application to WinterCity staff by Tuesday, December 22nd, 2020. If you are working with an NRC for your event, be sure to list them on the form. For larger projects, contact your NRC before contacting WinterCity staff.
- WinterCity staff will review your idea and, if necessary, offer suggestions to ensure it meets our qualifications.
- After your application has been approved, submit an invoice to WinterCity staff by Thursday, December 31st 2020, with the following information:
- Organization’s legal name
- Organization’s address
- Description should include: Sponsorship for (items purchased)
- Total amount of sponsorship agreed upon with WinterCity Office staff
- Contact name and number
- Note: The invoice must include an invoice number and must be from your organization, not another organization you hired to provide a service to your event (e.g. ice making services).
Submit your application to WinterCity Office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org