Wow! Edmontonians are winter champions! We’ve had such a flurry of applications that we’ve allocated all of the SNOW FUNd grants for this winter. Have a great time in the snow and watch for the next round of grants later this year.
Your winter celebration should be a social, community-building, Snowy Networking and Outdoor Winter (SNOW) Fun event, and should support one of the goals of the WinterCity Strategy:
- Make it easier to ‘go play outside’: Provide more opportunities for outdoor activity
- Increase the capacity and sustainability of Edmonton’s winter festivals
- Develop a four-season patio culture
- Celebrate the season and embrace daily living in a cold climate
- Promote Edmonton’s great northern story locally, nationally and internationally
The event must be completed by March 31st, 2019. Funds can be used for programming and/or the purchase of winter-related items such as fire pits and winterscaping tools.
A limited number of mini grants up to $500 are available. Apply now!
Examples of Eligible Groups
- Community leagues
- Non-profit organizations
- Post-secondary clubs
- Community league winter fest
- Group winter picnic
- Community BBQ and winter patio
- Winterscapes party (See edmonton.ca/winterscapes for ideas!)
- Events which are not open to the public may be considered (e.g. post-secondary or community groups requiring memberships)
Ineligible Events and Expenses
- For-profit events
How It Works
- Download the SNOW FUNd application form
- Submit your application to WinterCity staff at least 15 days before your event begins. If you are working with an NRC for your event, be sure to list them on the form.
- WinterCity staff will review your idea and, if necessary, offer suggestions to ensure it meets our qualifications.
- Complete your event by March 31st, 2019.
- Send us an invoice after your event with the following information:
- Organization’s legal name
- Organization’s address
- Description should include: Sponsorship for (Event Name)
- Total amount of sponsorship agreed upon with WinterCity Office staff
- Contact name and number
- Note: The invoice must include an invoice number and must be from your organization, not another organization you hired to provide a service to your event (e.g. sleigh ride company or maple taffy provider).
Submit your application to WinterCity Office staff at email@example.com